Cloudflare blocked Kiwifarms

They finally did it, they caved to pressure.

3 Likes

Also this post after keffals said she was going to get some poutine like… yikes

2 Likes

nazis defend nazis, who would have thought

rest in fucking piss, hope they all rot in hell

2 Likes

gotta save face. quickly!!

2 Likes

obviously tho KF can just switch to a new security service and josh was already planning that out

but this is going to be a big deal for a few reasons I think:

1. what happened to previous sites that were so bad cloudflare had to drop them? they got fedded REAL quick from that attention and didn’t last
  2. any service is going to be way more cautious to pick them up now

like… this is a big deal tbh and its not gonna be as simple as just moving elsewhere

2 Likes

josh moon owns his own server hardware but good luck getting DNS or registrar service. also i hear CF isn’t letting them transfer out the domain, so they wont even have the old URL

3 Likes

holy shit lol that’d be incredible

3 Likes

IIRC Gandi did something similar back in 2016, and it’s made me quite affectionate to them all things considered.

3 Likes

All right, so storytime a little bit. Back in the middle 2010s, I got roped into KF inner circle by some fair-weather acquaintances who have since completely disavowed me. During one of their preparation rounds, I got dragged into a group DM between me, another user, and Null. A voice chat started, and Null instantly started rambling on about “free speech” and the legal precedents for hosting his site. He brought up Charles Coughlin (probably well known for being the most prominent clerical fascist in 1930s America) as an example of a figure who he admired as a free speech crusader, and he spoke in glowing terms about him and his efforts at propaganda over radio and thru the mail. Fast forward to today, I feel there’s a certain irony here because of how Coughlin met his end, with the US Postal Service refusing to distribute Coughlin’s mail under pressure from the government and backdoor negotiations between his parish superiors and the feds so that they didn’t risk putting him on trial for treason during wartime. Historical echoes for sure.

2 Likes

Looking up this guy, I feel like Josh sounds far worse lol. Like its one thing to host a radio show where you’re hateful about jewish bankers, but it’s another to host a site that encourages lone wolf off-site attacks on people so long as they can play pretend that the site had nothing to do with it, and actively documents people getting hacked and their locations tracked down to make that possible.

And he’ll go on KF and say one thing like “We’re not like that we’re so nice we’re just normal forums” and then turn around on poast and KFcc like “i hate trannies and N words”

3 Likes

Not to go out of my way to defend Jamie or anything but she died in 2017, she only got brought up because Gossi tried to insinuate that she was an inside contact to weev on the basis she turned up at his CFAA trial (which… is a really weird argument). I don’t know her well enough to say whether she truly changed, but all of the tweets people dug up pre-dated her death by at least ~2years

3 Likes

ehh i mean i think it’s probably just different kinds of bad? coughlin was one of the biggest mouthpieces of antisemitic propaganda in america leading up to wwii and was personally funded by the nazi party and jews at least still remember and talk about him today as a key figure in american antisemitism.

2 Likes

different times and different forms of communication available

1 Like

that is shitty to dig her up then yeah. I can understand why the CEO got upset at that

I removed those images

1 Like