Hormone Replacement Therapy

We ought to have a dedicated thread for information about HRT. How to access it, prescription and DIY. Methods, formulations, dosages and schedules. Dispelling myths and lending some guidance to which sources of information are trustworthy. A central place to keep this information for when anybody needs it.

I’ll add to this thread when I feel more up to it but for now I’ll add the transfemscience resources page.

4 Likes

Oh wow! That link has such a good collection of info. I wish I would have come across it years ago since I went the DIY route.

The only thing I can think to contribute is a link to a subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/estrogel/wiki/index/) that focuses on how to mix your own transdermal medications from powdered estradiol available from chinese labs. No bathtub required.

I can confirm that a certain company will sell it and can post a link if allowed to. I bought some as a back up but still need to test it to be sure.

1 Like

Should we make a general HRT / trans category?

1 Like

I would say so if it grows maybe? Seems easier to add categories than to compile them but I’m not sure how you like your stuff organized. If nothing else that first link really is a fantastic resource landing page.

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Maybe we should. And possibly a thread that’s only visible to vetted people to post DIY source info, so we can protect our sources. But there needs to be transition info available to anyone too for closeted and questioning folks.

4 Likes

For external teste-havers, I also forgot to add that there’s a french device called the Andro-Switch ring (https://thoreme.com/) that is made for heat based contraception. It hold the testes inside the inguinal canal and the body’s heat causes them to not produce sperm and also drop testosterone levels. It let me stop taking CPA and continue low dose estradiol as a monotherapy. The EU has since banned the sale of them for lack of research but the “artist” still sells them without any medical claims (Coucouroucoucou - boutique). I’d imagine a correct sized ring from your local VHS Head Cleaner store would have something that could accomplish the same thing.

2 Likes

good all around diy site (transfem and transmasc) DIY HRT Directory

4 Likes