Is it overreacting when anarchists flip out about tankies?

See title.

I keep seeing anarchists that are extremely paranoid and overreact about tankies to where they begin to see tankies everywhere and suspect other anarchists are tankies too.

I feel like this is an overreaction if you’re going after people who just post the hammer and sickle and cry tankie honestly. Like ancoms use that too who cares. We even have a trans one here :trans_comm:

And yet I’ve been blocked for being a tankie when the so called “tankie instances” block me for being anti tankie (which I also wouldn’t identify as). It’s dumb as fuck lol and so annoying

Where does this come from and how do we get anarchists to chill the fuck out? It’s fine if you’re pushing out ML groups or whatever but then leave it at that

1 Like

its performative bullshit honestly. people care more about political labels then actual material actions. an ounce of action is worth a pound of theory etc. etc.

1 Like

i mean yeah if tankies are disrupting shit kick them out but that’s hardly a trait unique to tankies

1 Like

Tankie detected I’m calling Mao

1 Like

it is overreacting and pointless divisiveness over optics I hate it. :trans_comm:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s performative and honestly silly. If they were actually in any position to take power then sure, maybe be concerened at that point but they’re mostly a joke imo

Also I have T-34 tank top which is sick af so I think freaking out over the aesthetics is silly

3 Likes

also the :trans_comm: is such a widespread symbol used by so many diverse groups like you have the PCC using this symbol and backing the Phillipines regime while the Phillipines rebels also use the symbol and are fighting them, it might as well be as meaningless as the circle A without context

3 Likes

I had a hammer and sickle shirt in high school and was obsessed with Cuba lol

4 Likes

eris tankie confirmed, shoot on sight :pepegun:

I too read the Communist Manifesto at 15 and decided then and there that my enemy was the United States

1 Like

Viva la revolución :triumph::cuba:

i feel like it’s just the anarchist version of “reactionary,” something which in theory has a specific meaning but which is used essentially as just a term of separating out a leftist ingroup and outgroup. the function of the double meaning is mostly just to add a sense of legitimacy (lenin used reactionaries to mean ‘this’, tankies refers specifically to ‘this’) to what amounts to calling someone a barbarian

2 Likes