New category suggestions

Please drop any category suggestions here and a description of why you think it’d be a good category to have

I think a gaming category would be nice to have, since I see a lot of gaming discussion on fedi that never really goes anywhere because it just gets… lost. Having that on a platform like Discourse would be nice.

1 Like

Added :slight_smile:

1 Like

My only other suggestion is… maybe a Software category? Where we can discuss open source, or really any software, and we can get tips and tricks, reccomendations, etc… That would be nice!

1 Like

religion cooking fitness arts are all good boards

1 Like

v true nobody ever joins the fedigamer matrix room i made ;-;

Sorry ;_; i never use matrix really. forums are more slow and less overwhelming for me lol

wait until you hear matrix has forums OMG I JUST GOT RATE LIMITED HERE

I just disabled most of the rate limiting now, didnt realize that was a thing

1 Like

there’s legit like 5 million options in this lol

1 Like

BLOAT x

1 Like

GameDev

I think It’s a big enough topic to separate it from the coding category itself, specific to gamedev we can talk about the music, story, or art for it. though mostly coding.

I kind of wanna talk about Godot and use my socializing time with aim and less shitposty stuff here in disqordia’s space (no pun intended) and use my mild addiction to study. though I’m not sure if a lot of people are interested in it. so what do you think?

1 Like

I added it as a sub-category under Gaming for ya

1 Like

I’ll have to think about how to organize these nicely

1 Like

What you think about a music topic? Where people can ask for music recommendations or give music recommendations, give opinions about music they like etc etc

2 Likes

idk if i can be trusted with a religion forum but… i would certainly use it a lot lmao

Thinking books or anime, but if you want a bigger general category, media maybe? Mainly somewhere to put all of those

2 Likes

Make a big category named media and put sub categories like music and books and series etc

2 Likes

Creative corner (visual, writing, audio), “Other hobbies”, Fishing minigame

2 Likes

fishing minigame?? haha